Here we are at the top of the year! That means it’s time to recap my 2015! I set some very lofty goals, I met exactly HALF of my goals – so 5 of 10! Read on for the details!
- Add $500 to my ‘slush fund’ savings account. – This was definitely a no. I’m nowhere close. With car repairs and other random life expenses, I wasn’t able to make this one happen.
Pay off store credit card.— Success!
- Pay off CC #1. — Unfortunately, a no. I didn’t add any more charges to the card though! That’s positive!
- Pay off CC #2. — See #3.
Pay for my spring weeklong vacation in cash (a.k.a. no credit cards allowed)— Major Success! I’m proud of this one!
- Gain 10 new repeat customers in my direct sales gig. — I didn’t gain 10 new customers, but I was still receiving residuals, so not a total fail!
- Bring Student Loan #1’s principal balance to under $1000. — Definitely not.
Update my retirement contribution.— Success! Did this one in July with a slight increase! Pay for Christmas 2015 all in cash.— Success! I definitely accomplished this! Make FIVE monetary donations throughout the year.— Success! I did this in a few small ways that I’m excited to share. Even though the amounts were all small, they were for causes that mean something to me. I donated to the following:
- Brackets for Good campaign
- GoFundMe account for a colleague moving cross country for graduate school
- GoFundMe account for a talented friend from college struggling with Lyme Disease
- The Pantene Great Lengths Beautiful Lengths campaign
- A museum fund for underserved kids
- …not to mention all of the donations of goods (toys, clothes, books, etc.) throughout the year!
So, financially speaking, I am not where I hoped I’d be. I’m not better, per se, but I’m really not worse. 2015 really just landed in an overall neutral spot – nothing of major importance in any aspect of my life really changed dramatically, so I think that’s reflected here as well. I know things can only go up from here!
Happy 2016! My updated 2016 goals will be live very soon! Stay tuned.