Yes, that’s right – JANUARY 1st, 2016! Happy New Year to you & yours today! I’m working today (holiday pay!), but I’m excited to get back in the groove with some Five Things Friday!
FIVE THINGS I ATE:
- Holiday treats! I seriously ate so many things that were holiday related this week – cookies, toffee, candy, etc.
- Fiesta Ranch Dip – My mother made a huge tub of this for Christmas Eve & Christmas day, so I’ve been eating some with lunch every day this week!
- Dill Rye Bread – Have you heard of this phenomenon? I discovered in a discount bin at the store and I’ve been hooked ever since!
- Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls – super easy recipe that I threw together based on a random post on Facebook! Cabbage, Ground Turkey, cans of tomato sauce & diced tomatoes, onions – so easy! Makes lots of servings for leftovers!
- I’ll say treats one more time. I seriously ate that many.
- Many of you know that I am a DailyBurn freak! I love their stuff – supplements and workouts! I’m about to switch programs for the new year, but I’ve now finished CardioSculpt and Move! I did combo of a few various things over the last week:
- Move – Bollywood
- Move – Latin
- Move – 90’s Hip Hop (I looked real cute doing this, haha!)
- Move – Caribbean
- DailyBurn 365 – A different type of workout that’s live everyday!
- 5 Ways to Recover Financially | ChelseaKrost.com – Numbers 3, 4, and 5…YES!
- 12 Tips to Be Less Busy, More Productive | Punched Clocks – I need use some of these tips more often. Just sayin’.
- The Thrilling Uncertainty of the Understudy | The New Yorker – If you aren’t already aware, I work professionally in the arts – acting, singing, writing, directing, producing, and all else in between. Being an understudy, in my opinion, is one of the toughest gigs to have. I was thrilled to read about one of the guys taking on the title role in Broadway’s HAMILTON.
- 7 Signs You Grew Up With A Toxic Parent & Didn’t Know It | Bustle – A tough read, especially if you actually have toxic parents, but well worth it.
- 15 Ways to Simplify Your Life (and Finances) Before the End of 2015 | Blonde on a Budget – Still trying to wrap up 2015? Yeah, me too! 🙂
FIVE THINGS MAKING ME HAPPY:
- Getting holiday pay today! Holla for a few extra dollas! 🙂
- My nephew’s birthday this weekend! He’s growing so fast!
- The new fitness tracker that I bought myself for Christmas! Check it out here!
- I’m about to start a big rush of performance gigs in just a few days! Operas, children’s shows, and a couple other gigs – lots of stuff happening in 2016! Let’s roll!
- Watching Making a Murderer on Netflix (SPOILERS THERE)! Not necessarily making me happy, but I was so enthralled with it over the holiday and I couldn’t stop watching! Have you seen it!? Comment and tell me – I loved it!
Hope your start to 2016 is joyous and super chill or super crazy and rambunctious! Whatever you’d like! 🙂 Hope it’s awesome!