WOOHOO! I’ve reached the weekend before my vacation and I’M DYING TO GET OUT OF HERE! AHHHH! I’m so excited to take my trip! That said, this will definitely be my last FTF post for this month! It’s been a pretty great week here, so I’m excited to share some highlights with you!
FIVE THINGS I ATE:
- GINGER PEANUT LENTIL BURGERS | Hummusapien — Easy to make and have leftovers! My favorite kind of burger! Plus, these just had a very unique taste to them! I loved it! I’ll totally make them again!
- Roasted Jalapeño and Lime Hummus | the kitchn — I made a big batch of this as a side option for the week! Super convenient and the flavor is GREAT!
- Taco Sweet Potato and Spinach Egg Bake | iFOODreal — I made this last night for dinner and I probably ate it for breakfast this morning already! I’m trying to eliminate all of my fresh ingredients before I head off on vacation!
- Trader Joe’s Roasted Plantain Chips — I’ve never tried these before this week and I loved them! Touch of salt with a mild sweet taste!
- Dove Coconut Creme Milk Chocolate Eggs — I may have gotten a few packs of these for half price on the day after Easter. I may have eaten them all as well.
- Every Good Boy Does Fine | The New Yorker — This is an older article that resurfaced to my newsfeed this week. It just reminds me of all the great music teachers that I’ve had in my life. Gave me the warm fuzzies.
- A Woman Live-Tweeted Her Teen’s Abstinence-Only Sex Ed Class | The Huffington Post — This sounds just like what my high school’s sex ed class was like. Ugh. Come on.
- Why You Shouldn’t Settle in Life | Random Little Faves — Agreed.
- Things Are Experiences | Evolving Personal Finance — Something to consider.
- 3 Ways to Make a Huge Dent in Your Debt | Frugal Portland — These three tips are a great place to start! I need to really start doing these things!
- Monday: Cardio!
- Tuesday: Worked WAAAY too late to get anything in!
- Wednesday: Off!
- Thursday: Cardio!
- Friday: Lots of heavy lifting! Carrying heavy things up & down stairs!
FIVE THINGS MAKING ME HAPPY:
- Getting stocked up on some things for my trip! Got some new shoes, a new mobile battery charger for my cell phone, “new-to-me” clothes, and travel items. Majorly excited!
- Looking forward to enjoying a nice birthday dinner tonight — with my free entrée coupon!
- Getting my apartment cleaned up this weekend before I leave! It will be so nice to have a clean apartment before I leave! I’m sure that I will also appreciate that clean apartment once I return!
- Massage appointment this week! Holla for birthday self-love!
- Along those same lines, I’m also getting my hair and eyebrows done! That’s super exciting to me!
**Thanks to Clare for hosting the Five Things Friday link-up!**