I hope everyone is finally starting to recover from this hectic holiday season! I’m still hustling and bustling through the top of the year! If I can last through the first full week of January, I can do anything.
I’m still working on some overall life goals that I want to set for 2015 and I’ve been pondering some potential financial goals for a while. I’ve compiled a list of ten. I figured that would be a good place to start, it’s an even number. These goals are currently in no particular order.
- Add $500 to my ‘slush fund’ savings account. – I’ve got a little bit in savings, but I feel like a little more should be a priority.
- Pay off store credit card. – This is almost a necessity at this point. I’m already so close!
- Pay off CC #1. – Self-explanatory. The balance is small enough that I think it can happen.
- Pay off CC #2. – See above!
- Pay for my spring weeklong vacation in cash (a.k.a. no credit cards allowed) – I was able to do this last year, so I think it’s definitely possible this year!
- Gain 10 new repeat customers in my direct sales gig. – This is a low goal, but I definitely think it’s possible.
- Bring Student Loan #1’s principal balance to under $1000. – Lofty, but I don’t think it’s impossible.
- Update my retirement contribution. – This has been set the same for a very long time at this point. I think I can do better.
- Pay for Christmas 2015 all in cash. – I did that this year as well, but I think it’s a good practice to be in!
- Make FIVE monetary donations throughout the year. – I think it is important to continue to give back when I’m in a position to do so. Again, I could probably do this more than five times, but it’s a solid place to start.
I’m looking forward to what 2015 holds! 2014 was pretty great, but I think 2015 has the potential to blow it out of the water.
*Part of Financially Savvy Saturdays on brokeGIRLrich and Shoeaholic No More*
What goals are you setting in 2015? Got any tips for me with the goals listed above?