WHAT!? Christmas is next week?! How did we get here!?! This is insane! I have barely stopped running around like a crazy fool this week! Things are about to get super hectic at my job and we’re packed to the brim with things to do! I’m just hoping to make it to Christmas Day at this point!
Five Things I Ate:
- Frozen Pizza – I haven’t done this in SO SO long, but I’ve been desperately busy all week. I figured once would not kill me.
- 100-Calorie Cheese, Vegetable and Egg Muffins – I had a carton of egg whites that was about to turn and a BUNCH of frozen vegetable from my CSA hoarded in my freezer. I love that you can really use any combo of veggies here – I used zucchini, spinach, and sweet potato.
- Peanut Butter Snow Balls – I give a candy/treat out every year for my co-workers and this is what I picked this year!
- 2-INGREDIENT SLOW COOKER SALSA CHICKEN – EASIEST slow cooker recipe of all time.
- Candy Canes. LOTS and LOTS of candy canes. They are a part of the show I’m doing and I keep getting oodles of them.
- 30 Superficial Ways You Know You’re Becoming A Grown-Up – This is kind of funny, but there are a lot of true points.
- I Know Absolutely Nothing about Everything – I’m digging her POV in this article! Here’s one of my favorite quotes from the post: “I don’t know where I’ll be 10 years from now. I don’t even know where I’ll be one year from now or 6 months from now. But there is a sense of beauty in living with no direction. It’s fascinating, fearful and yet freeing.”
- A Few Changes for A Happier Life
- Santa’s real workshop: the town in China that makes the world’s Christmas decorations — Wow! This puts some things into perspective! I can’t imagine a life like what is depicted in this article.
- Delivering “The Pill” Wasn’t Easy — I love reads about women’s rights and our roles as women in history!
- Long walk #1
- Long walk #2
- aka – I’ve been too busy to get any serious gym time in.
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- Typing this while laying in front of my Christmas tree. It may be old, decrepit, and on it’s last legs, but it’s mine.
- Talking to a couple of new potential clients for freelance work – blog posts and VA work!
- Still (slowly) reading my way through Soldier of Change: From the Closet to the Forefront of the Gay Rights Movement. I’ve been WAY swamped with holiday work things!
- Doing online holiday gift swaps – I did one and was paired with a girl from New York. I hope she likes the little taste of my home state that I sent out to her! I’m excited to see what she sends out!
- THIS PLANNER. I WANT IT SO BAD. Someone please buy this for me. I can’t justify spending the money right now, but good lord, I want this planner!
Readers, I’m wishing you a relaxing pre-holiday weekend! Looking forward to sharing more with you all soon!
**Thanks to Clare at Fitting It All In for hosting this link-up!**