Without any further ado, here we are! Click on the thumbnails below to get started!
This PearBudget spreadsheet really makes it easy to see where I’m spending money. Also of note, some individual things like rent, insurance, etc. aren’t listed here – but are all conglomerated under “regular expenses” in the second picture. Holy cannoli! Let’s look at this fun fact – this month, I was over budget -$45.64. That’s HUGE compared to how far I was over budget in October (-$212.49)! That’s a difference/improvement of $166.85! Making strides in staying under very slowly, but they are showing up! (See October & September wrap-ups!)
Now, by category:
Housecare: OVER -$67.64 – This wasn’t terrible, but I needed some different maintenance pieces here in my apartment. Also, thanks to the cold weather, my electric bill went up!
Groceries: UNDER $37.20 – This is a win in my book!
Dining out: OVER -$155.17 – I always set a goal of $100 and it’s not ever landing anywhere near that. I’m always way over. Of course, these are NOT needed purchases, they are purchases of WANTS and convenience. That said, there were FIVE whole days of no dining out purchases – compared to last month’s ONE day of no dining out purchases.
Car gas: UNDER $48.43 – I don’t even know how this happened? I went places, I drove my car, but I bought less gas. Also, gas prices have dropped significantly around me recently, maybe that helped! 😉
Haircuts: Eh, not necessary this month.
Miscellaneous: OVER -$26.88 – Again, not terrible. It’s under $30 of overage, so I’m not going to stress too much.
GOALS SET FOR NOVEMBER:
- Avoid ANY overdraft fees! Those suck! – PASS!
- Eliminate STORE CARD debt! (See Debt Payoff page!) – FAIL
- Make at least $150 in side hustle cash. (Keeping this goal conservatively growing.) – PASS!
- Stay under $100 dining out budget. (I can hope.) – FAIL
GOALS FOR DECEMBER:
- Make at least $200 in side hustle cash. (Keeping the goal conservatively growing.)
- ELIMINATE THAT PESKY STORE CARD (Christmas cash? Maybe?)
- Stay under $100 dining out budget. (Try, try again.)
- Stay under budget for gas AND groceries again. (We’ll see if this is a trend.)
December has been insanely busy so far, but since it’s been so busy, I’ve not been spending money in stores! Despite hunting for gifts, I’m doing pretty well! I’m mostly done holiday shopping as well! I planned pretty far in advance to take advantage of a few sales in October/November that have put me ahead.
How were your November finances? Hit any of your goals? What kind of goals do you have for December?