Happy Friday! I can’t believe we’re ending another work week in November! The holidays will be here before we know it! Enjoy some highlights of my week!
Five Things I Ate:
- Let’s talk about this recipe for Spicy Roasted Squash with Feta and Herbs. I died and went to heaven because this was so good. Plus, I’m on squash overload. I’ve got to eat all of them up!
- Special K Protein Smoothies because I’m hustling everywhere!
- Chef Salads with ham, turkey, bacon, and eggs! My restaurant kryptonite!
- Guacamole from a REAL Mexican restaurant. You know there’s just something about it that makes it EVEN MORE awesome when it comes from a Mexican restaurant!
- Popcorn popped on the stove! The popcorn tastes so good when it doesn’t come from a microwave bag!
- Sunday – A long walk!
- Monday – Another long walk!
- Tuesday – Off!
- Wednesday – Elliptical & Walking
- Thursday – Turbo Jam!
- Angry Issues: Are You A Real Woman? — This touches me. As someone who has recently dropped A LOT of weight. I identify with a lot of these statements. Example: “Remember this – your success is YOUR decision.”
- Dealing With Fitness Injuries On A Budget – My Alternate Life — Yes, I get this totally. I have excellent heath insurance and got to deal with some uncovered physical therapy costs for a back injury! Annoying.
- After Losing 160 Pounds, Man Strips Down To Show Excess Skin, His Biggest Insecurity — Again, this touches me this week. Like I’ve said before, I’ve lost a lot of weight and I’m still going and this is a real struggle. I’m never going to look quite like all of those hard bodies after I reach my weight goals. Not going to happen, but what keeps me going is knowing that all the healthy eating and extra exercise is what’s best for my body.
- 10 Things Food Banks Need But Won’t Ask For — Something to consider as we enter the giving season! Some of these I wouldn’t have thought of!
- 5 Things I Hate Spending Money On – The Daily Whisk — Add toilet paper to this list and I agree with everything she says! 🙂
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- I got a new book to read that I’m really excited to dig into this weekend: Soldier of Change by Stephen Snyder-Hill. I’d heard about this book on Seth Rudetsky’s show on Sirius XM Broadway and was intrigued by the story. Maybe I’ll post something else about it! 🙂
- Getting around to seeing Interstellar tonight!
- Breakfast plans tomorrow! 🙂
- Performing lots this holiday season and being absolutely silly!
- Getting to have an actual weekend day off! This is such a rare treat for me!
Tell me some things that are rockin’ your world this week!